MALAWI NATIONAL COUNCIL OF SPORTS AND UNIVERSITY OF PRETORIA (CONTINUING EDUCATION DEPARTMENT)
CERTIFICATE IN SPORT BUSINESS MANAGEMENT COURSE
The Malawi National Council of Sports is offering opportunity for local sports practitioners to pursue a customized non-degree, multi-dimensional sport management course programme which is based on research and practical experience, developed by the Department of Bio-kinetics, Sport and Leisure Sciences and the Centre for Leisure Studies at the University of Pretoria in South Africa, in collaboration with recognized experts.
This certificate programme is tailored for the conditions of Malawi to address the specific needs of aspiring and existing sport managers as part of a human resource training programme and initiative of the Malawi National Council of Sports.
Delivery of the Programme
Candidates will be provided with comprehensive course notes on all modules prepared and presented in an interactive format with text boxes reinforcing learning material. Candidates have to successfully complete the modules on Basic Sport Management before proceeding to the specialized modules.
The programme will be delivered through three channels:
• Decentralized distance learning and self study in Malawi with the assistance of the comprehensive study material.
• On-site learning with a one week centralized Winter school in Malawi
• Electronic monitoring and learning assistance from course presenters.
• The course carries 12 credits and is an accredited University of Pretoria Certificate Course.
• Examination will be in the form of written assignments, portfolios and class discussion during the winter school in Malawi.
• Candidates have to complete all five modules successfully with a pass mark of 50% before qualifying for the accredited University Certificate.
The course will follow the following training schedule:
Commencement: 1st May, 2021
Final Completion: 1st January, 2022
Course fees are at ZAR 16,033.00 payable to Malawi National Council of Sports in advance of commencement of course. Malawi National Council of Sports shall pay fees for the first twenty qualifying applicants.
Admission to this Certificate Programme requires a minimum qualification Malawi School Certificate of Education or its equivalent and current and/or previous experience in the sport industry.
Applicants must, together with their application, complete with their curriculum vitae, send a write up of not more than eight hundred (800) words, justifying why they consider themselves worthy to be considered into the course and what they will do to contribute to sport development in the country.
Applicants must have a working email address and access to ICT.
Applications with at least three (3) referees should be addressed to:
The Executive Secretary,
Malawi National Council of Sports
P.O. Box 452,
Not later than 19th April, 2021