2019 Malawi Sport Awards
The Malawi National Council of Sports (MNCS) in 2017 introduced an ‘Annual National Sport Awards’ programme to be called “Malawi Sport Awards” aimed to recognize deserving athletes, individuals and organisations that are outstanding in contributing to the development of sport in the country.
• To recognise deserving stakeholders for their contribution to sport development in Malawi.
The Award scheme strives to achieve the following objectives;
• To encourage stakeholders to be part of the sporting community.
• To encourage those who participate in sport to aim higher in their respective disciplines.
• To develop pride, hard work and sportsmanship in athletes and all stakeholders
• To encourage the corporate world into sport sponsorship and partnerships.
• To establish a long lasting association between stakeholders i.e. sponsors, athletes, and the community.
• To encourage creativity and innovation in sport practice
• To encourage and promote fair competition in sport practice
• To turn sport into an attractive industry.
•To harness and promote the power of sport for the healthy, economic and social wellbeing of the Malawi nation.
DETERMINATION OF THE WINNER
The criteria for selection of the winners is designed by the panel of judges guided by the guidelines below which are meant to promote the spirit of sportsmanship and emphasise the importance of sport to the community and the person:
(1) Outstanding skill and performance in a particular sport,
(2) Exemplary behaviour on and off field of play
(3) Creativity during play
(4) Fair play on the field of play
(5) Demonstrable willingness to promote sport development
(6) Ability and willingness to assist others and the association on and off the field of play
(7) Demonstrable positive influence the community
SPORTS WOMAN AWARDED ON 14th FEB 2020 AT BICC
HER ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE YEAR 209
Under national team, she scored 6 goals in 4 games at the Malawi National Women’s Football Team in the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games qualifiers.
At her club Suning Women’s football Club she scored 12 goals and was crowned the top goal scorer.
Helped her club clinch Chinese Super league in 2019.
At the 2019 Women’s CFA Cup helped her team clinch the Cup by scoring 15 goals and also crowned top goal scorer.
At the 2019 Renault Super Cup, helped her team clinch the Cup by scorings 9 goals and also crowned top goal scorer.
Scored hat-trick in 3 consecutive games at the Champions League.