2019 Malawi Sport Awards
The Malawi National Council of Sports (MNCS) in 2017 introduced an ‘Annual National Sport Awards’ programme to be called “Malawi Sport Awards” aimed to recognize deserving athletes, individuals and organisations that are outstanding in contributing to the development of sport in the country.
• To recognise deserving stakeholders for their contribution to sport development in Malawi.
The Award scheme strives to achieve the following objectives;
• To encourage stakeholders to be part of the sporting community.
• To encourage those who participate in sport to aim higher in their respective disciplines.
• To develop pride, hard work and sportsmanship in athletes and all stakeholders
• To encourage the corporate world into sport sponsorship and partnerships.
• To establish a long lasting association between stakeholders i.e. sponsors, athletes, and the community.
• To encourage creativity and innovation in sport practice
• To encourage and promote fair competition in sport practice
• To turn sport into an attractive industry.
•To harness and promote the power of sport for the healthy, economic and social wellbeing of the Malawi nation.
DETERMINATION OF THE WINNER
The criteria for selection of the winners is designed by the panel of judges guided by the guidelines below;
2. Creativity/novelty and innovation
3. Willingness to assist others
4. Time management
6. Demonstrable positive influence the community
NON-CITIZEN SPORTS ADMINISTRATOR AWARDED ON 14th FEB 2020 AT BICC
HIS ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE YEAR 2019
Coaches Under 20, 17 and women’s team side of Sanwecka.
Helped Sanwecka Under 20 Football team win the First Capital Bank Under 20 Championship in 2019.
Zambian volunteer working with the Malawi National Council of Sports under the Youth Sports Exchange Program
He’s 20 years old
He has shown great levels of developmental aspect to sports
He teaches Physical Education in primary schools (names)
He runs community sport programs, i.e Sanwecka